These terms and conditions apply to all contracts between You and Us (Signature).
This website and Teacher Directory is owned and operated by Signature (Us). Signature is a trading name of
CACDP. CACDP is a charity registered in England and Wales (charity number 1071662); a charity registered in
Scotland (charity number SCO37901); and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (company
Our registered office is at Shannon House, Mandale Business Park, Belmont, Durham DH1 1TH.
In these Terms and Conditions
- 'you' and 'your' means the individual subscribing to the teacher directory ; and
- 'the Directory' means the BSL Teacher Directory;
By ticking the agreement box on the sign-up page, you agree to the terms of this agreement.
Non acceptance of this agreement and its terms will prohibit the listing of you on the
In return for a listing on the Signature Teacher Directory, you agree as follows.
1. Your Account
- 1.1. You are solely responsible for all information uploaded in your account. This
- 1.2. includes but is not limited to personal contact details, education, and qualifications and availability.
- 1.3. We are only responsible for the administration of your account at no point will we verify the information you provide. The Directory is not regulated by Signature or any third party.
- 1.4. We reserve the right to remove any listings that we deem to be in breach of our terms and conditions.
- 1.5. When you have completed your account for the first time, we will check over your details. This administration process usually takes 24 hours.
- 1.6. By submitting your account, you are agreeing to any of the information you provided to be shared on the Directory. This can be viewed by anyone searching the Directory. At any point, should you no longer wish your details to be public you must toggle your active status.
- 1.7. If you choose that you no longer require your account, you must formally request for it to be deleted in writing by emailing - email@example.com
- 2. You acknowledge that Signature own the copyright for the Directory.
3. Data Sharing
- 3.1. You are agreeing that Signature can use your data for research purposes.
- 3.2. We keep your data for the minimum period required by law or our regulators. This is usually no longer than seven years. After this time, where appropriate, we will destroy/delete your data unless the relationship is still ongoing.
- 3.3. You have a number of legal rights with regard to your data. These include the right to request a copy of the data held by us, to request that mistakes and inaccuracies are corrected and to request that we stop processing some or all of your personal data for some or all reasons.
- 3.4. You agree that Signature can share your data with our partners (NDCS, BDA, BATOD and ABSLTA) for research purposes. The following information will be shared with these partners:
- 3.4.1. Qualifications achieved
- 3.4.2. Location information
- 3.4.3. Specialism’s
- 3.4.4. Memberships
- 4. You acknowledge and agree that access to the directory is officially issued by us and any attempt by you to reproduce or represent yourselves as us will be likely to result in legal action being taken against you.
- 5. You agree that Signature can use your data to contact you for marketing purposes.
6. Breach of the terms of this agreement by you may result in any of the following, at our absolute discretion:
- 6.1. the termination or suspension of your rights under this agreement;
- 6.2. a claim by us for damages caused by the breach;
- 6.3. a claim by us for an injunction, specific performance or other equitable relief; or such other action that we deem appropriate.
- 7. You shall indemnify us (and keep us indemnified) against all liabilities, costs, damages, expenses or otherwise incurred by us arising from any breach of this agreement by you or your users of the Teacher directory outside the terms of this agreement.
- 8. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- 9. The agreement may be terminated by us on written notice to you (effective immediately) where you are in breach of the terms of this agreement.
- 10. On termination of this agreement the rights granted to you shall cease immediately.
- 11 The agreement and any dispute arising out of it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. You and we agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute in connection with such agreement.